Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 1, 2010

Writing Center Shadow 2

This week was my second week of shadowing at the Writing Center-- or at least it was supposed to be.  I arrived at 7:55, giving myself five minutes of a buffer before my time slot of 8pm to 9pm.  I walked into the room and did not see any traces of someone being there.  There was no backpack left, no papers let on the table, only a cleaned room.  Because the person I shadow has a time slot from 7pm to 9pm, I was a little confused.  I waited until 8:15 and decided to leave, since there was not consultant or consultee.  I know that in the past when I have had a Writing Center appointment I have gone to the Speech Center to consult in a quiet room to avoid the distraction of other consultations.  Since there was no one else in the room, I didn't search in the Speech Center across the hall.  I suppose the consultant called out to the main office of the Writing Center, but did not realize that I was expecting to meet with her.  Unfortunately, I have no had any experience consulting in the Writing Center.  Hopefully I will be able to have a consultation with a student for this upcoming Monday evening.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa--
    have you contacted the person that you are shadowing? Have you met him/her yet? Let me know so we can work this out. Something's not working right--but we'll fix that!

    ReplyDelete