Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Writing Center Shadow 4

Last Monday I went to shadow at the Writing Center.  There was a girl who came in with her paper about a woman rights activist exemplifying her qualities as a leader.  She had sent her essay to the consultant prior to the consultation, so we were able to read over it and discuss some of the issues with the organization of the essay.  The consultant asked me if I wanted to run the consultation.  I was hesitant because I had not seen many consultations, but she encouraged me to conduct the consultation.  Because the ideas of each paragraph were not clearly defined, we made an outline of the points the consultant was attempting to make.  The Writing Consultant ended up taking charge, which I was happy about because I was struggling with an innovative way to incorporate a different idea for a new paragraph.  It was a good experience for me to be more involved with conducting the consultation than I was at the previous one.

1 comment:

  1. I think its awesome that your consultant let you run the consolation! I'm sure that it was sort of flustering at first, but I feel like the more experience we get, the more comfortable we will be when we become actual writing consultants!

    ReplyDelete