Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Writing Center Shadow 1

Last night I had my first shadowing session at the Writing Center.  As I arrived, the employed writing consultant was finishing up with her prior appointment.  Because she did not have another appointment for the hour that I was there, we just talked about different aspects of being a Writing Consultant.  She showed me how to access and complete the reports that are sent to the professors and different phrases to use when writing the reports.  After reading articles about the tutor-professor relationship and not knowing the length or formality of a report, it was interesting to see how another consultant communicates to professors.  Although I was not able to observe a consultation, it was nice to learn more about the Writing Center from a new employee and to meet the consultant whom I will shadow over the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment